There is a point in everyone’s life when they realize something needs to change. They don’t like the way they feel or look and they are ready to work towards making a difference in their life. I remember my moment and I am so glad it happened but I do remember how hard it was making a change. It was challenging but I did and you can to!
Here is my advice to get through the first steeps of getting healthy:
- Have a support system: Tell someone about your goals and that you are making a change. Ask them to support you and keep you on track. A good support system could be a family member, a close friend, or a significant other.
- Write it down: Once you realize you are ready to make a change write it down. Write down exactly how you are feeling right at that instance and what changes you want to see. Keep it nearby for when you feel like you want to quit so you can remind yourself why you started.
- Figure out what you want: Everyone is different and their goals are different. Figure out what you want for yourself. If you just want to eat less fast food during the week than focus on that. Don’t compare your goals to other people’s goals.
- Figure out why you want it: Make sure you are deciding to make a change for YOU. Don’t do anything because you think you have to. The reasons you should be making a change in your life is to make you happy not anyone else. If you are happy just the way you are then stay just the way you are. If you aren’t happy then make a difference.
- DON’T QUIT: It will be difficult and you will want to quit but you can’t. Use your support system, remember why you started, and picture the results. Unfortunately there is no end to this road, deciding to make a change is deciding to make a change for life. It will get easy and you will be happier.
This is just my advice and what worked for me but it might not work for everyone. Find out what will work for you and do it. Your happiness is in your hands, take control.
Tip of the week:
Get enough sleep! It might seem necessary to pull an all “nighter” but you need a full night of sleep to perform at your best.
Song of the week:
Blank Space by Taylor Swift