Everyone’s got that one romantic song that reminds them of an individual, memory, or deep sentiment buried within their heart.
Instead of offering my opinion for this topic, I decided to ask my various followers on Instagram to include their romantic song of choice, as well as their reason for enjoying it so much.
I’ve combined the song choices into a playlist for romantics out there who are search of more music options. For the purposes of this playlist, I decided to only share the first names of those who participated in this survey.
“Route Around” by Rebelution
- “It encompasses the longing and need of being with your partner, even if it’s at long distance,” – Kathy
“I Will” by The Beatles
- “My mom used to sing it to me when I was little. It always made me feel loved and safe,” – Isabel
“Love is Alive (feat. Elohim)” by Louis the Child
- “This is the song I made out with my boyfriend to at LED USA,” – Megan
“See You Again (feat. Kali Uchis)” by Tyler, the Creator
- “The vibes in this song make me remember sitting in my car and hearing it with the right person. Plus the lyrics, ‘I can only see your face when I close my eyes’ are enough,” – Anonymous
“Eden Echo” by Kamelot
- “A good song that really makes you feel,” – Andrea
“Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede
- “Besides the fact that it’s in the movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, my wife loves the song as much as I do,” – Mario
“Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Lauryn Hill/Frankie Valli
- “This is the kind of song you publicly embarrass your significant other with,” – Christian
“Valentine” by Atlas
- “It reminds me of something I’d write or do for someone I love,” – Jovince
“Eight Days a Week” by The Beatles
- “Because it brings me absolute joy and comfort knowing I’ve been through a lot,” – Johnny
“Sunrise” from In The Heights Broadway
- “Both the score and Broadway musical are great. Lin Manuel Miranda is an amazing composer who created such a great song,” – Kevin
“Birthday Sex” by Jeremih
- “I think you know why,” – Anonymous
“I Do (Cherish You)” by 98 Degrees
- “It really gives me that romantic vibe,” – Jem
“Trouble I’m In” by Twinbed
- “Honestly, just listen to it and you’ll see,” – Marla
“Junk of the Heart” by The Kooks
- While Vicente didn’t respond much about it, this entails that this song choice doesn’t need an explanation as to why this fits so perfectly as a love song.
“Little Bit” by Lykke Li
- “You should definitely listen to it, it’s my favorite song right now,” – Claire
“If I Could Tell Her” from the Dear Evan Hansen Broadway Cast
- “I can relate to it personally. When I have a crush on someone, I always notice the little things. But I have trouble being the one to confess. Plus, the way he translates that into this song is how I feel,” – Kevin
“Baby (feat. Marina & Luis Fonsi)” by Clean Bandit
- “The story in the lyrics is really a twist, but it does make you think of someone no matter who is listening to it,” Anonymous
Thank you to those who have shared their favorite songs with me so that I could share this with others. I’m certain that there is a hopeless romantic out there who can agree that these song choices are excellent.
If these songs don’t make you remember a specific memory or individual, then I’m certain there is a song out there for you that you haven’t discovered yet.