Recently, coconut oil has been in the spotlight for its ability to work cosmetic miracles. This stuff is absolutely magical, and if you don’t have a jar in your kitchen or bathroom, you must purchase one the next time you are out and about. I am such a huge coconut oil fan because there are so many ways you can use this product. So, buying it works to the advantage of your budget. Also, it’s completely natural and edible. Therefore, in my opinion, you can’t go wrong with it. Here are some ideas for how to incorporate coconut oil into your daily routine:
- Chapstick – A little goes a long way, people! Open the jar and smear a tiny bit on your finger, then apply it to your lips. They will be moisturized in no time!
- Face wash – Because this oil has disinfectant and antimicrobial properties, it can be used as a gentle face wash. Apply a dime amount to your hands, rub it onto your face, and then rinse thoroughly with water. This should leave your face feeling clean and smooth.
- Makeup remover – Apply a little bit of the oil to a cotton ball, a tissue or directly to the area with makeup, and rub gently. Your makeup should come off effortlessly.
- Moisturizer – This can be done in two ways. In the shower, you can apply oil to a washcloth, bristle brush or loofah, and rub it gently over your body. Or, you can apply it to dry skin for an instant moisture boost. Your call. Afterwards, you will be glowing.
- Teeth whitener – Swish some coconut oil around your mouth for a few minutes to kill bacteria and promote healthy gums!
- Sun protectant (which prevents wrinkles) -The antioxidant powers of coconut oil can reduce your chances of getting a sunburn. It also has a soothing effect on the skin, which feels lovely if you do get burnt.
- Cooking – Make the switch to coconut oil for cooking! It is a natural saturated fat, so it can be beneficial to your overall health, if consumed in moderate amounts.
Featured Image by Rachel Joseph.